Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Signature cocktails

I love the idea of offering signature cocktails at a wedding. But I also think if you go there, you should really go there. Vodka sodas can't be your signature cocktail, for example. It should be something fun and unique and, well, signature. Which brings me to my current favorite drink in Dallas...

The Pepper Smash at Victor Tango's. Now this is a signature drink.

Ingredients: Red bell pepper, local mint, Aviation New Western-Style Dry Gin, freshly squeezed lemon juice, House-made clover honey syrup.

YUM. Now granted, I love gin, but two of my girlfriends who aren't gin fans tried this drink and loved it, too. It's a drink that would be talked about, certainly. And it has a great splash of red!

My other favorite drink in Dallas is a safer gin choice, and absolutely delicious on a summer day. Right across the street at The Porch, I always order the Tangerine Rickey. For an orange and green wedding (I love that color palette), how fresh would this drink be?

Ingredients: Tanqueray Rangpur Gin, Pama Pomegranate Liqueur, Orange bitters, Halved tangerines, and soda.

What if there were his and hers signature cocktails? In our case, hers is a gin cocktail, of course. His? If vodka sodas are out (and they are - way too boring), the next choice would probably be something Scotch or whiskey-related. A classic Old-Fashioned, maybe? Victor Tango's also has a fantastic whiskey cocktail using the same house-made clover honey syrup as the Pepper Smash (note to VT's: no website? REALLY?).

More fun:














First
: You all know how I feel about mint juleps. Second: Tropical loveliness via Elizabeth Anne Designs. Third: I don't know what these are, but I want one. Via Style Me Pretty. Fourth: A twist on a classic: the green tea mint julep. Via The Bride's Cafe.

Now that I think about it, you know which cocktail would match our wedding the best? Anything featuring berries.


  • Champagne with floating berries?

  • Berry martinis?

  • Some kind of berry/gin deliciousness?

No comments: