Monday, November 3, 2008

Gone votin'

I'll be taking a short break over here in order to travel back to New Mexico to do Get Out The Vote work for Obama and my friend Martin Heinrich. It's going to be a very full couple of days - the capstone to the most important election of my lifetime - and one that I hope beyond hope gives us the leadership we deserve come tomorrow night.

Trevor and I never would've met if not for politics, and being in New Mexico together on another Election Night will be special for both of us. In 2006, we were separated by a mandatory ballot recount and a press pass. But this time, I think we're in the clear.

Here's to progressive victories far and wide, and to political nerds like us who plan on turning their wedding into one big campaign event. We wonky weirdos need to stick together. :-)

PS: I'll be updating Twitter while I'm gone if you want to track our progress!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like you and Trevor, politics and my boyfriend go hand in hand.

After we celebrated Obama's win in Chi-town, my boyfriend proposed to me with a gorgeous diamond engagement ring from http://www.idonowidont.com so we went from Yes we Can, to soon saying I Do!