Thursday, November 20, 2008

Folk Art love

I've long been an admirer of folk art (thanks, Mom!), particularly from the American South and Mexico. Some folk art inspiration (half of it letterpressed, sigh...) that's caught my eye online lately:



Letterpressed Holiday Cards from byvikINK.






Home Decor from Wisteria.







Folk art-inspired wedding gems, you ask? Here you go:


Clockwise from left: Anna+Nathan cake at Brooklyn Bride. Mexican-inspired invitation by Ceci New York. Te Quiero (I just swoon over this one) by Black Pearl Press. Yellow and Gray designed by Thoughtful Day for her own wedding, via Oh So Beautiful Paper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how stunning---I just love these motifs for the home AND as wedding decor. They're so full of life!

and seeing them in my beloved mustard yellow? even better!

have a gorgeous weekend my darling :)

Anonymous said...

I just found this etsy seller - talk about folk art inspiration! Lovely: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5109550