Monday, February 9, 2009

New favorite wedding hair

Confession: I have a terrible hair vocabulary. In a recent e-mail to the bridesmaids, I described my ideal wedding hair as a "low, loose, curly bun-ish deal with flowers." See what I mean?

I just booked a March 16 hair consultation in the Outer Banks during my whirwind planning trip, so I have a month to find some concrete examples of what I want. I have wavy hair that has a tendency to get extremely big and curly on the beach, so I'm going to embrace nature rather than fight it and opt for a beachy style.

Here's my new favorite hair, on a bride rocking one of my previously established favorite dresses. Imagine it with a little more neck showing and some flowers woven in or one large flower that's visible from most angles. I kind of like the height on this style, too - the others I like are fairly flat up top, but this seems different. And bonus: her bridesmaid has one of the flower styles we've discussed for the ladies.

(Loveliness via Style Me Pretty.)



4 comments:

mjae said...

LOVE this. Very Sandra Bullock, who is one of your look-alike cousins...

Kate said...

I totally speak your Hair Language... in fact, for my hair trial, I'm not even trusting myself with words... I'm just going to put my 4 favorite hair pics in the stylist's hands and saying "umm, do something like that."

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love! Up-dos like this are when I wish I had some natural wave/curl to my hair because my straight hair would never be able to pull off this look.

Lynne said...

I really liked Kate Winslet's hair at the Baftas - I think that's my perfect wedding hair.