Friday, October 24, 2008

For Tracy, Allie, and Nancy

Sorry, girls... I can't tell you how much I relate to this article. Why was I not a better wedding guest/bridesmaid? Even if you did all get married within three months of each other, and I was living across the country as a poor graduate student at the time, there are simply no excuses.

Read while shaking your head at me:

Confessions of a Bad Wedding Guest

"Before I got engaged last May, I'd broken every rule of wedding thoughtfulness. It wasn't that I didn't care about the bride and groom or that having good manners wasn't important to me. I consider myself a caring friend: I send thank-you notes promptly, I never show up to a housewarming empty-handed. But somehow, the world of proper wedding behavior had eluded me."

Is it better or worse that I've seen the error of my ways?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh puh-lease maggie...i have never thought of you as a bad wedding guest...quite the opposite, I was just happy that you and all my other out of town guests could make it to dreary old Hamburg, NY during Hurricane Ernesto to celebrate my day in a tent and garage...what more could I ask for. And if you had been all crazy w/ details w/ my wedding, as you are now, i may have wanted to shoot you. I just wasn't caught up in the details...hope it didn't show!