Thursday, October 30, 2008

Advanced wedding party matching

I've been swooning over yet another Southern Weddings feature (shocker!) all morning. Go and drool over Mattie + David's wedding to see what I mean. I adore so many details - her dress! the pies! the setting! the rosemary! the veil shot! (and I don't even like veils) - WOW. I had to point these photos out, though, because I adore how well the bridal party comes together... just beautifully coordinated:

(click for larger)










The sash on Mattie's dress is the same gorgeous gold as the flowergirl dresses. The navy sash on the flowergirl dresses is the same shade as the great navy dresses the bridesmaids are wearing. (Those bridesmaid dresses, btw, look suspiciously close to the J. Crew variety that our bridesmaids are choosing from - could it be?!) The guys are all wearing crisp, rich navy suits.

I wish they had a shot of the groomsmen walking with the bridesmaids. We've ruled out cotton navy suits for our guys because we thought navy on navy might be too much as they're walking down the aisle, but I'd love to see how it looked here.

Also, if you go over to the wedding photographer's blog, you can see more photos from the wedding weekend. They pulled off exactly what we hope to achieve with ours: a weekend full of fun in which the ceremony and reception only play one part. Casual food, fun, friends, and family for three straight days in a destination setting... that's my kinda wedding.

Okay, okay, I can't resist... get a load of their dessert spread!

No comments: