Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Not part of the plan


Hi! Thanks so much for coming to our wedding!

Oh, you like my dress? Why thank you! I love it too.

Oh, the bandage, not the dress? Of course!

It's actually 3M brand, not Johnson & Johnson.

I know, can you believe it? Such a value. And I almost didn't even get to wear one! But luckily just a few days before our wedding, our cat Fanny freaked out when Trevor let out the biggest sneeze I've heard since the ones my dad used to scare the neighbors with in the garage. Thank goodness I was holding her at the time so I could receive a four-inch scratch across my chest!

Yeah, doesn't it really pop with the white dress? I'm so glad we're having a beach wedding so I can really show it off, too. I'm so lucky! Thanks for noticing!

11 comments:

Trevor said...

Did it take anyone else about a minute before your eyes got up to the bandage, or was that just me?

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Not to worry - you'll be so glorious and glowing on your wedding day that no one will notice, promise! Except for the F-Word, since his eyes are apparently headed in that general direction anyways . . .

beckylbranch said...

Oh no! That stinks...hopefully it will clear up soon and if not try some tattoo coverage makeup. It's heavier than normal makeup.
TRY: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P231113&categoryId=C18697

Trevor said...

So it was just me then? huh...

Mojito Maven said...

well you know that i am very fond of your chest area so i didn't even notice :)

AND you're going to look HOT!!!!!!!!

Valerie said...

Not to worry - it will heal in time - use liquid band aid – I believe it is officially called New Skin – that stuff will heal anything in 2 days! Besides – no one will notice – they will all be blinded by your beauty!

Maggie said...

Thanks folks!

And don't mind the F-Word :-)... he's just trying to make me feel better, as I was a tad, shall we say, dramatic this morning post-scratch.

ABC Dragoo said...

I realize you've got lots of suggestions here, but if I were you I would leave it in the open air - no bandage. The air will help it heal faster.

P.S. I know people said this ...but... Ms. Bride, you'll be glowing "just so" - no one will ever see the scratch!

xxoo
ABCD

TUWABVB said...

You will look beautiful no matter what. If it's any consolation - I looked MUCH worse on my wedding day thanks to a 3rd degree burn received on my arm while my mom was teaching me how to cook a turkey on Christmas Day (just four days before the wedding). I was so freaked out, I couldn't even speak about it. The photographer agreed to photoshop out the large pussy wound in the picture it was obvious (yes, I'm that vain).

And you know what? No one else really noticed - the same will happen for you since you'll be glowing! Have a wonderful time!

TUWABVB said...

ACK-I mean pus-filled wound. Sorry! (mortified)

SLynnRo said...

That stuff is fab.

Also, it is now official. I was the LAZIEST bride ever.