Friday, May 8, 2009

Bling blunder

Embarrassing admission: The F-Word and I like to "try on" our wedding rings from time to time. We might have even gone out wearing them together already. Just to, you know, get used to them and all.

I do love the ring. I requested a wedding ring that embodied my favorite thing about my engagement ring - its delicate, so-thin-you-can't-believe-it band. It almost disappears into my skin as a simple band, which might sound strange, but I really love that about it. I'm always a fan of subtlety. (Recent tank blunder notwithstanding.) The subtlety of the delicate band, though, has a price - even under normal circumstances, it's a tad more difficult to take off than my engagement ring. There's just not much to hold onto.

So about last night: Say that you're in the water retainment portion of the month. And the weather happens to be really hot and humid. And you go out for a fantastic dinner with friends and have many, many cocktails. And then you come home and put the ring on (he did it too! don't just make fun of me!), and accidentally pass outfall asleep wearing it.

That might cause this to happen.


I seriously can't get the thing off today. Oops.

I am SO busted.

6 comments:

Lisa Dyson said...

Haha! That's what you get!

Milltini said...

HA! oooops. close enough, right?

Vicki T said...

ah! funny! This happens to me on occasion with the engagement ring, it's too old to have sized so sometimes it is just NOT coming off (unless olive oil and cold water are involved..yes, I know).

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Ha! I totally used to do this too, but in my case, the AH wasn't fun enough to play along.

Love the delicate band, by the way.

beckylbranch said...

OMG! That is so funny....put your hands in the freezer, when mine are really cold my rings fall off!

SLynnRo said...

OUCH.