Today's travel overview looks a little something like this:
Tonight: Morrissey and my fave dive bar. (I adore the irony of Mozz kicking off a bachelorette weekend in a big way. Enough to use the word bachelorette without prefacing its use by explaining my hatred of traditions where girls where ridiculous things on their heads in bars, even.)
Tomorrow: Laid-back nothingness during the day. Sushi extravaganza at night. Drinkydrinkydrinky after that.
- My oldest friend Allie (fellow gloom-rock freak, we had a fortune-telling business together in fifth grade)
- My college friend Amy (partner in all things procrastination, "The White Ghost," oh the late nights together...)
- T's sister Avery (just back to the US from her annual half-year in Europe - Dallas will blow Linz, Austria away, OBVS, and we are ready to welcome her back in style!)
- High school galpal Heather (vivacious redhead who goes way back with T now ;-), and will actually be in Dallas for over a week!)
- T's sister Morgan (who like Avery is awesome and who unlike us lives in DC and we're jealous of her for it)
- My college gal Nance (supreme power mama/hot scientist, who is ready to light it up on her first weekend away since having her little man Patrick)
- The fantastic Lisa K, our local host, who was the first girl I met in this town and thought it just might be okay after all. For that, I owe Lisa plenty. Kicking out her husband for the weekend and letting seven girls crash in her home? I owe her even more.
YAY for these fantastic ladies descending upon me! Special shout-outs to those that will be missed this weekend: my sister Lisa (pregnant), college galpal Tracy (pregnant), and my New Mexico girls Mikaela (juuuuust had her baby), and Marjorie (family wedding).
Let the games begin!!!