Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Not My Dress: Alvina Valenta

Alvina Valenta gowns epitomize to me the notion that a dress on a real person can look drastically different than a dress on a model. I am uninspired by their entire website full of model shots. Yet when I see real weddings featuring their gowns on a bride, I am instantly smitten. So let's go straight to the real deal and see these gowns at their best... on two fab real women!




























Ali. I absolutely adore this dress. The bodice is so unique - sexy and sweet at the same time, modern yet also a bit vintage. I love seeing intricate floral elements on fitted gowns, because they're always unexpected. The perfect dress for her - and yes, I'm still in love with this wedding. I also must point out the lace hem on the trumpet skirt, which makes it. She looks amazing!













Andrea personalized her Alvina Valenta by adding sleeves for more coverage. And once again: great fitted lines and the perfect lace hem.













So pretty! But alas, Not My Dress.

No comments: