Thursday, April 2, 2009

Peek-a-boo

I'm a huge fan of short wedding dresses, but I do like an even hemline. I spotted this dress on Pink Galoshes and my thoughts immediately went to my pregnant sister/"Best Woman" (she detests the term Matron of Honor - she'll be 28 at our wedding, not 68!). When we found out she was pregnant, we exchanged her bridesmaid dress for one two sizes bigger and hoped for the best. Thankfully, the empire-waist, halter-neck, full-skirted style we'd already chosen wonderfully accommodates a belly, and as of three weeks ago she still has lots of room to grow. Her belly is big enough now that it shortens the front of the dress, but it's adorable that way, actually. There is no hiding the fact that she's pregnant, nor should there be. But her husband joked that come May 24, she might need to wear a slip under there to protect against any mishaps if the dress gets dangerously short in front.

So you'll understand, then, why I started laughing when I saw this dress:

2 comments:

Amanda B. Young said...

Hahah! That's great! I'm sure she'll be fine though, and certainly not that short!

Lisa Dyson said...

If the dress gets that short in front I'm in big trouble for a lot of reasons!!!